Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 14 OTS Feb 21, 2011 Durango Mountain Resort

I spent day 14 OTS at DMR riding with Krusty and ran into Greg Linder from the ASA and Roy from DMR. I also saw the boys from Pedal the Peaks on the mountain but did not ride with them.

So I was hoping for some deep untracked powder after this last storm some but seems the place was a zoo on Sunday and everyone had tracked most of it out. I decided to ride my Snowscoot Boarder-X for the day and hunt out the soft untracked stuff. After about 4 runs I thought I was done as this bike takes a bit more effort to ride than my Brawler. I got a second wind and rode the Snowscoot up till almost 3pm. I don't think I've ever spent a full day on a board bike but found this day to be a bit different. What a day on this coll machine. Found some fun stuff on upper and lower Hades and hunted for as much ungroomed stuff we could find. I had a blast on that Boardbike today. I'm getting real good on it and if I was a bit younger I would seriously hook this machine in the park and see what I could make it do but at 43, I have no intention to start now.

Rode till I was fatigued quite a bit ~ 3pm and called it a day!! Going to take Tuesday off as a down day and decide if I want to Ski at the Creek tomorrow!!!!

Cheers!!

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment