Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 7 OTS (On the Snow)-SkiBike Demos-Sipapu Ski Area, New Mexico

I spent day 7 OTS doing demos at Sipapu Ski Area here in New Mexico with Melanie and Eugene aka "Krusty". Had the sun on my face for several hours, the liner unzipped from my jacket, good snow under my boards and comped lift tickets. Life does not get much better for me!! As usual, the folks at Sipapu welcomed us with open arms. I brag about the folks at Sipapu all the time. Make sure you go there sometime to see what I'm talking about. Very nice..very cool old school ski area. 1/2 the price of anyone!! Enough terrain to challenge anyone. We were able to get 27 folks signed up and through lessons on that day. All of them but 2 had blast, the other 2 just did not have the near as much fun as the others and decided it's just not their thing. No injuries and lots of smiling teeth behind handlebars. I had one student that had been riding several bikes through the morning. He was doing well and after the first 10 ft down the first run, decided he did not need his feet down any longer and took to it like a fish to water!! He asked me if I was a used car salesman, because he at one point I offered him my new Brawler I got for myself this season and he quickly realized not all my bikes are created equal!! His words not mine...and I quote.."This bike handles very different from the other bikes. This thing is like an extension of you on the runs!!" End quote. Hooked another rider just the way I was hooked from my first run. I could imagine him trying to figure out how he was going to sell the idea he needed a $2900 SkiBike after spending the day with us and our equipment. We took 20 bikes to the demo and at several times, we were lucky to have 2 bikes left at the base with lots of folks hot-lapping the hill on our bikes. We had one fellow that came up and rented footskis and a skibike from Sipapu. I don't think he ever actually rode it on the hill. He rode one of our Sledgehammers all day wrong with those rented footskis. We also had about 6 repeat lessons from folks that had demoed with us at other events. Best part, not a yellow-lawn tubing built, yellow jacket wearing, POS (piece of S#!^) or the mighty She-Ski-Bob and company on the on the hill all day! After smelling those wonderful burgers cooking all day long...We finished up or day with a big Sipapu Burgar with bacon and green chile, fries and a coke before hitting the road. All of us still chattering about the great day we had just experienced. I'm headed to Portland next weekend for some work. Going to ride Hoodoo with my buddy Dewy on Saturday!!! Watch for my post.

Best Regards,

Randy
SkiBikeFun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment